This correspondence is from a young woman in Latin America. You will recognize the fact that English is not her native language. I include her email because she represents a growing number of young people who are accessing the ‘spirit world’ rather than turning to Christ as the source of life to answer their concerns.
----- Original Message -----
To: Russ Wise
Sent: Tuesday, March 31, 2009 6:36 PM
Subject: HELP! I think I've been contacting a demon; What do I do?
Dear Mr. Wise,
Please I need help. I really cannot contain myself from writing this mail. I know many people may be suffering from the same thing that's been bugging me for a while. Sorry for my grammar and spelling. I'm from Mexico, and I'm fourteen years old. Well, umm my angel mania started a couple of years ago, when I watched an Anime called DNAngel. If the title isn't enough, well it is practically about angels, but it doesn't have anything to do with God, or anything (and certainly nothing offensive towards Him). Well, anyways, I've been fascinated with the fact that angels do exist. And I love thinking about angels and thinking about God, and about how they help people and stuff, it makes me really happy. So, after my whole fascination about the TV show, I decided to write a book. (I was kid.) But well, it turned out to be cool and creative (the first and only seven chapters). It had some things about reencarnation, not in a bad way of course, but it fell good to believe in having a past life. And scince I love everything that is pride and prejudice-y, I mean the time where that book takes place, well I was having fantasies that i was a princess or an important person (it's embarrassing to think about it now..). Now recently, still amazed at angels and their power to save people and suddenly dissappear, I reasearched a little bit about them. I found a page that tells you that you can communicate with your angel. It said "you can be in your bed relaxing, before you sleep. And you start asking, what's your name? and the first name that comes into your mind, thats his/her name." It also said that angels can put their words in your mind, like telepathy, they are suppose to communicate with you when possible. And since they cannot come to earth, they will help you with advice.
So, I tried it. And supposedly my guardian angel's name is Erik, and he always teases me, in a good way I mean. He is nice and he helps me when I need it. I really don't know if I was creating all this thing about him existing in my mind, or if I was just creating a conversation. The worst part is, recently, he hasn't talked to me. It's as if he was not there anymore. And that when weird stuff started to happen, and I began to feel stuff wrong with my body. First of all, when it's dark, I feel that someone is watching me, and although I try to see if it's someone making a bad joke, there is no one. I feel this chills on my back, every time that it happens. When I'm on my bed, just about to sleep, I feel things on me. I feel that there are faces in front of my mine, just staring at me. I and starting to believe that I feel auras. I am not crazy, well I really don't know. At school, as friends, people hug each other randomly, not in a harrasing way, just a small gentle hug (Girls, not boys), and well there is this friend, she is really nice and almost perfect cause her family is all like, "yay let's make random charity!", they love to help people, and that's great!, but every time she wants to hug me, there are chills on my back, telling me to back away. So, I reject her hug and keep walking. Is this normal for teens?
Yesterday, I tried contacting Erik again. There was something slightly different. Someone replaced him, he's not there anymore, there's another "angel" in his place! He's Frank, and he scares the crap outta me! He is like a delinquent, he keeps telling me that I should stop trying my best at everything. He doesn't talk much, but he is evil, I just feel it.
Today, half an hour ago, I read the article about good, bad and ugly angels, and when I read the thing about demons trying to act like they are nice and pretending to be angels and communicated with humans, I FREAKED OUT! I was like, no Erik's not evil! I know he's not evil, or maybe he's fooling me? I really need guidence here. I cannot talk about this to my parents, they'll send me with a counseler (and that's it. Or maybe and asylum?) Please help me. I know this mail is reaalllllyy long, but please I really don't want to continue this path if I'm wrong. Thank you so much, for the whole information.
Sincerely, danie (just call me danie)
P.S.: Mexico is not a ranch, there are not donkeys, and we do not wear giant sombreros that say "made in China". If you have a chance to visit Mexico, come to Monterrey. It's probably the best and cheapest part of Mexico (you know Cancun's nice, but it's kinds expensive lately. Crisis). I attend a good school and I know how to read and write English, apparently. Thanks for everything again. :D <-----------happy face!
From: Russ Wise [mailto:email@example.com]
Sent: Monday, April 06, 2009 6:23 PM
Subject: Angelic deception
Thank you for your inquiry. It seems that you have opened Pandora’s Box in a number of ways regarding your desire to be more spiritually engaged concerning your life – doing so can potentially lead to spiritual deception. It appears – according to your comments – that you have done just that, innocently opened the door to the occult world. If I may, allow me to comment on your statements as they appear in your correspondence. I’ll address them as you present them.
- I've been fascinated with the fact that angels do exist. And I love thinking about angels and thinking about God, and about how they help people and stuff, it makes me really happy. The fascination with angels that has swept the global culture is or has become a cauldron of demonic seduction. Yes! Angels do exist and they are created beings that on occasion have communicated with humanity. However, having said that, it is extremely important to recognize that their doing so is NOT normative in any way. When such an event takes place it is from God and ONLY at His initiation. It is NOT something that an individual seeks to happen. It is an experience that occurs when God puts such an event in place. It is NOT of our own doing. This is where the potential for deception becomes an issue for the individual. Satan (the demonic realm) fully knows how God works in the lives of people and he uses the unsuspecting person’s desires to ensnare them. In light of your comments you fit the criteria perfectly! The fact that you are young and unaware of the actions of angels you were, in effect, setting yourself up for a demonic encounter. The fact that you researched the topic of angelic influences in one’s life exacerbated the problem spiritually. Whereas if you had thoroughly searched the scriptures you would have likely drawn a different conclusion regarding the possibility of an individual communicating with angels (2 Corinthians 11:14). I have been studying demonic influences and activities in peoples lives for thirty years plus and in every situation I have discovered that in the beginning of a persons “relationship” with the realm of the spiritually unknown (in other words, they THINK they are communicating with friendly spirits or God) they most often believe they are communicating with God or His emissaries’ (angels). The communications ALWAYS begin benignly and ultimately progress toward a sinister outcome. It appears that your experience, once again, has proven such. The idea that Eric (the “good” angelic being) is/was a positive being is nothing more than spiritual deception to further lure you into the snare that was set to entrap you in spiritual bondage. Yes! The entities do help people. I have seen it myself. BUT, their activities are nothing more or less than an attempt to draw you further into their snare of deception.
- I decided to write a book. (I was kid..) But well, it turned out to be cool and creative (the first and only seven chapters). It had some things about reencarnation, not in a bad way of course, but it fell good to believe in having a past life. Allow me to make a comment regarding your feelings as they are related to having a past life and reincarnation. Scripturally neither one of these ideas are biblical. In fact, they are in agreement with occultic/New Age teaching. I am particularly concerned by your feeling positive about possibly having a “past life”. I would encourage you to take a look at Hebrews 9:27 and do a bit of study regarding all that it implies for you. I would also encourage you to take a look at my article on reincarnation here: http://christianinformation.org/article.asp?artID=90 I believe you will find my thinking regarding these phenomena interesting and instructive.
- Now recently, still amazed at angels and their power to save people and suddenly dissappear, I reasearched a little bit about them. I found a page that tells you that you can communicate with your angel. It said "you can be in your bed relaxing, before you sleep. And you start asking, what's your name? and the first name that comes into your mind, thats his/her name." It also said that angels can put their words in your mind, like telepathy, they are suppose to communicate with you when possible. And since they cannot come to earth, they will help you with advice. I assume your usage of the term – I found a page . . . – relates to the fact that you were surfing the internet and discovered some information that taught that if you were to follow a certain procedure you would be able to communicate with your angel or spirit guide as it is known within occultic circles. When an individual begins to actively seek a spiritual connection with an entity that is questionable it most often opens a doorway into the occult realm that may not be escaped. Of course, this would be determined by the oppressive influence exacted by the demonic entity. It is important to note that even under such circumstances it is not a forgone conclusion that such an influence would mean defeat, but it would certainly cause considerable difficulty for one to break away from. In my view, it is extremely dangerous to one’s spiritual well-being to seek communication/advice from disembodied spirits (angels?). As I mentioned earlier the deception ALWAYS begins quite innocently and ultimately leads the individual into occultic bondage and spiritual deception.
- So, I tried it. And supposedly my guardian angel's name is Erik, and he always teases me, in a good way I mean. He is nice and he helps me when I need it. I really don't know if I was creating all this thing about him existing in my mind, or if I was just creating a conversation. The worst part is, recently, he hasn't talked to me. It's as if he was not there anymore. Your angel is at play with you playing the line to ultimately hook you (sorry for the fishing terminology) and then land you. Then in the end after having caught you, landed you, and filleted (dressed) you he/she would then prepare you to enter the next level of deception – that of the bad boy who encourages you to act on your physical desires without censorship. Frank is the alter ego that calls you to cease any attempt to censor yourself and to go with the flow (and the flow is creating a current to sweep you into a whirlpool of deception.
- And that when weird stuff started to happen, and I began to feel stuff wrong with my body. First of all, when it's dark, I feel that someone is watching me, and although I try to see if it's someone making a bad joke, there is no one. I feel this chills on my back, every time that it happens. When I'm on my bed, just about to sleep, I feel things on me. I feel that there are faces in front of my mine, just staring at me. I and starting to believe that I feel auras. As I mentioned earlier, the benign/neutral experience would be short-lived. It would only be a matter of time before a stronger more seductive and evil entity would appear and attempt to take you deeper into the demonic realm (i.e., the weird stuff . . .). Your statement that you have experienced cold chills during these episodes causes me great concern for your well-being – spiritually and physically. Demonic entities usually, if not always, exhibit a cold presence when they are near. Your mention of feeling things on me is very disturbing. In my opinion you are not only being seduced by demonic entities, but you are also becoming more open to their presence by means of seeing their auras. Auras are either a practice of deception or they are evidence that you are beginning to subtly recognize their presence and thus, potentially become more at home with their influence. Either option is NOT a place that will bring you rest or spiritual health.
- At school, as friends, people hug each other randomly, not in a harrasing way, just a small gentle hug (Girls, not boys), and well there is this friend, she is really nice and almost perfect . . . but every time she wants to hug me, there are chills on my back, telling me to back away. So, I reject her hug and keep walking. Is this normal for teens? In my opinion, when you meet this young lady at school and you cannot allow her to touch you, you are experiencing demonic guidance. In other words, the spirit (chills) interacting with you is at odds with the spirit that is present in her life. My concern is this, if the spirit present in your friends life is of God then the spirit interactive with you is of another source – potentially demonic. And I say that with great charity. Realistically, I would be extremely concerned that I may have unwittingly invited a demon into my life situation. I’m NOT saying that you are in grave danger, BUT you have opened the door to such an occurrence. IT IS DEFINITELY time to engage in spiritual warfare regarding your spiritual, mental, emotional, and physical health (Ephesians 6:10-12). Danie I am greatly concerned for you and your spiritual well-being!
- Yesterday, I tried contacting Erik again. There was something slightly different. Someone replaced him, he's not there anymore, there's another "angel" in his place! He's Frank, and he scares the crap outta me! He is like a delinquent, he keeps telling me that I should stop trying my best at everything. He doesn't talk much, but he is evil, I just feel it. Here once again you are experiencing the inter-play between the good angel and the bad/evil angel. Your continued attempts to contact Erik is an agreement for their continued harassment and for them to be unrelenting in their attempts to over take you spiritually, emotionally, and physically. You need to cease your interaction with them on ALL levels and begin a regimen of spiritual warfare. Danie this is where you will need to engage the help of someone much stronger in the faith than you appear to be at present. You are in WAY OVER your head at this point and you need the direction and support of someone who can offer you the strength and courage you will need to overcome your current situation. Do you by chance have a youth minister at your church who can guide you through the spiritual maze that lies ahead? I pray so! The advent of Frank is an indicator to me that you are in danger.
- I read the thing about demons trying to act like they are nice and pretending to be angels and communicated with humans, I FREAKED OUT! I was like, no Erik's not evil! I know he's not evil, or maybe he's fooling me? I really need guidence here. You are referencing 2 Corinthians 11:14 here. As I mentioned previously, there is NO difference between Erik and Frank – they come from the SAME SOURCE – the demonic realm, Satan. I cannot be any clearer here. You NEED to make every effort to find someone to help you walk through this spiritual mine-field. I know you are concerned about telling your parents about your situation. I don’t know them nor do I have any confidence that they would react positively to your situation. Having said that, it is important for you to understand that they are your spiritual covering. As believers they have the authority to stand between you and the entity that is seeking to ensnare you. They, too, need to engage in spiritual warfare and seek further counsel in how to proceed regarding your situation. Danie, as I mentioned above, you are in WAY OVER your head and you need ALL the HELP you can muster. I am embedding a couple of other articles that I have written that I trust will be helpful to you in battling the enemy. http://christianinformation.org/article.asp?artID=35 http://christianinformation.org/article.asp?artID=68 http://christianinformation.org/article.asp?artID=61 I pray that you will find these articles useful and that you will experience God’s favor as you seek His wisdom as you face your situation. May God bless you and protect you as you work out your salvation.
I pray that you will find God’s abiding presence as you confront the enemy. You can count on me to engage the enemy on your behalf as you struggle with the adversary.
http://christianinformation.org/article.asp?artID=31 You will find some encouraging scriptures here for your personal understanding.
From: Daniela [mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org]
Sent: Friday, April 17, 2009 12:16 AM
To: Russ Wise
Subject: Re: Angelic deception
I'm again shocked. I have many things to say in defense, not in a bad way. When I said, things over me.. i meant.. umm it is really hard to explain.. as if your body is heavy? But it is different as feeling tired. Also, since i live in Mexico, we kinda hug people all day, as a warm greeting. So, no.. my friend is not harrassing me (laughs) but, i really don't know if i mentioned earlier.. her family is really into religion. By that i say, whe really relys onGod any time she/her family gets.
I bought a book, not too long ago.. about angels.. the author says the exact oppositte.. she says, "if you need help from angels, all you gotta do is ask (basically)". Since i went on vacations (i mean, far away from my computer, hence, not having internet/mail) i really thought that no one would answer my mail. So, i was a bit upset. I went to barnes and noble and bought books, for my amusement... (best sellers and stuff...) and well, i decided to look for something about angels... i found the book (as i mentioned earlier) about angels. Its name is "Angels 101" by Doreen Virtue. Apparently, she also has been researching about this topic lots. She has a PHd (i believe that's a specialty/award?...don't know..) and she has been to oprah and to all this talk shows... And well, i don't think that she would be spreading wrong information about angels... or... would she? (scary...)
That's when i though.. who should i believe!!?? And up until now.. i still dont really know..
Next, about reincarnation... i really know that it's against religion.. (well, i know NOW).. and umm.. it's just wierd.. ever since i was little, i used to think what would've become of me if i wasn't born... i used to think about this twice a year. But the sensation i got when i thought about this was a dark place. As in litterally a dark room. As if you were, i dont know.. kept in a box, waiting for your turn to get out. I know i'm wierd.
Erik and Frankier (recently discovered that he's not only a Frank..) are not even talking to me anymore... once in a while they just give a word or two as in an opinion regarding my actions. (Example: Me: "Yay!! I love this dress!! Even if it's pìnk (color that i don't usually wear..or like..)" Erik: "You do?, or Really?")
So um... yeah. I think i'm pretty out of this angels and demons situation. I go to yoga, twice a week. And now that i remember, their presence became a lot weaker when i first went to a yoga class (that was... i believe at the beginning of february?) But, i really don't rely on angels much. I ask God for help.. when i really need it. I don't like to trouble people, so i try to do everything kinda of on my own.... Um, i really thank you for replying to my mail. I really am greateful!! You give me stuff to think about while going to sleep (even though im just 14... kids these days hahaha).
Um, about auras.. i really dont know if its true that i sense them, or se them. I believe that the chills i felt, were because of my actual fear that there might've been someone watching me. Stalkers creep people out.. even the though of it. Not pleasant.
You know, i'm starting to believe that i'm just imagining all this stuff.. i'm not crazy though. I tried to find the book "The Bondage Breaker", But i believe that i'm too young to understand such books.. (believe me, i tried reading "the davinci code", TOO HARD). I'll read the articles tomorrow morning, or right now.. depends on how tired i am.. i'm kinda sleepy...
To conclude this, extensive mail i'd like to say that... well.. yesterday my dog got sick, i went down stairs to be near Spicy (dogs name) if something were to happen. I counldn't sleep much because i was TOO worried. So i started praying to God, and i said to myself "she will make it", to attract possitiveness (The Secret, the book). Today i woke up, and ran downstairs to see if she was still okay. She was a bit feverish, but she made it. And now she is at the vet, she has diarrhea (I believe...). To be honest, i also asked Erik for help, he continued saying, "it's okay, She's get better, You can sleep now.." I asked him to be by her side (Spicy's) so she wouldn't be alone. I really don't know if he helped... figures, i'm just being weird again...
Thank you so much, i'll be waiting for a reply, i'll read and review those articles you recomended. I hope i'm not being a bother.. But, you know... being a teenager is litterally a roller coaster of emotions (laughs) Thanks. Take Care.
From: Russ Wise [mailto:email@example.com]
Sent: Thursday, April 30, 2009 3:01 PM
Subject: RE: Angelic deception
I apologize for not getting back to you sooner. I read your latest correspondence with interest. You may be correct – you may be imaging things. However, your reading material regarding angels is disturbing to me! You mentioned that you have read or that you are currently reading Doreen Virtue’s book on angels. Ms. Virtue is one of the most prominent individuals who promote New Age/Occultic teachings. She is steeped in New Age philosophy.
Her book: Archangels and Ascended Masters: A Guide to Working and Healing with Divinities and Deities is one such book. Here is a statement from her promotional copy regarding the book – Who is Saint-Germain? Kuan Yin? Which archangel or ascended master do I invoke for a specific problem? Can I work with goddess energies, along with the angels? These are the types of questions that Doreen Virtue regularly receives from her readers and workshop attendees. Finding no comprehensive book that listed New Age and Old Age deities, Doreen knew that she needed to write one herself. Archangels and Ascended Masters is a thoroughly researched book in a lively encyclopedia format, listing 77 divinities from Greek, Roman, Egyptian, Asian, Babylonian, Tibetan, Buddhist, Celtic, Theosophical, New Age, Catholic, Cabalistic, Jewish, and Christian roots. Doreen carefully studied and wrote about the history of each deity, what role they serve today, how they can help us with specific life problems, and how to call upon each one. Doreen spent time in communication with each divinity to ensure that the being was reachable, and to discover the essence of his or her personality and current dealings with the world--and within these pages, she includes a channeled message or impression from each of the ascended masters and archangels. Many of her channelings were conducted at power points throughout the world, such as Stonehenge in England; the Irish coast; Kona, Hawaii; and the New Zealand rain forest. A comprehensive chart lists a number of life situations, such as Addictions, Finding a Soulmate, Emergency Money, Healing Physical Illness, and various personal and family concerns. Beneath each topic is the list of whom to call upon when dealing with that particular challenge. Doreen also includes prayers to call upon multiple divinities for specific issues such as "increased clairvoyance" and "resolving conflict."
This information should put to rest any possibility that she is any thing but occultic in her approach. This particular statement is most revealing – Doreen spent time in communication with each divinity to ensure that the being was reachable, and to discover the essence of his or her personality and current dealings with the world--and within these pages, she includes a channeled message or impression from each of the ascended masters and archangels. In other words, she is saying that she employs psychic power to communicate with these disembodied spirits so she can represent them to her readers. I might add – readers who are seeking some degree of spiritual guidance outside scripture. It appears that this spiritual guidance ultimately leads the seeker a way from the One True God – the God of the Bible.
Dani, I cannot emphasize strongly enough that you need to disavow all involvement with Ms. Virtue and her material. As I mentioned in my earlier correspondence, dabbling in such a study and inappropriately admiring angels is just another doorway into the occult realm. You are definitely walking that path at present! I would implore you to repent of your involvement at this point and ask God’s forgiveness (1 John 1:9).
You also made mention of the book, The Secret, by Rhonda Byrne. Once again I am greatly concerned by your choice of reading material. I would ask you to read my article on The Secret here: http://christianinformation.org/article.asp?artID=109 Dani, if I can be candid with you, allow me to suggest that you stop buying all the (spiritual) “best sellers” on the market and read some good Christina literature. I can suggest a few I you would like!
In your last communication you mentioned that you were about to read the articles that I had previously encouraged you to read. Can I assume that you have had an opportunity to do so! I hope that you follow through and read them. In my humble view, I believe you will find them useful in helping you understand the potential dangers of reading/absorbing the spiritually dead (New Age/occult) material that you seem to have been drawn to.
I look forward to hearing from you once you have had an opportunity to read the articles I’ve noted thus far. May our Lord Jesus bless you and protect you as you seek God’s Truth. Also, I would ask that you forgive the overbearing tone of my writing. I am concerned about you and I desire God’s best for you! God can only bless us as we place ourselves in His care and ask His guidance. It is important for us to first seek Him in all that we do, then, trust His guidance according to His Word – the Bible!
From: Daniela [mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org]
Sent: Friday, May 08, 2009 9:44 PM
To: Russ Wise
Subject: Re: Angelic deception
Hello again! Don't worry, I am also busy at times. I've got great news for you! I will leave all this in the past; but i did learn a lesson. I know that New Age books are quite interesting, but the thing is, i really do not believe in them (so don't worry)..because there is no proof that they are 100% true. I'll stop with the angel mania, seriously..i don't know why all of the sudden i was so interested. Weird. Well, i believe that angels are modest, and that they simply do not appear randomly because they don't want to get lots of attention (we should focus our attention to God! :D). I do believe that they will help when needed.
It is kind of depressing that Doreen is letting people read stuff that promotes umm.. occult teachings. I wish that one day everyone and everything will be at peace. I already read your articles, and i've got to tell you.. they are so interesting! I enjoyed reading them a lot. I will ask for forgiveness. Your recommendations on books are always welcome; i really love to learn new things and also read about them.
You know, I'll concentrate on my teenage life from now on, because well.. i am a teen. I really thank you for guiding me to the right track. I'll make sure that everyone around me is safe, and giving them the advice you gave me. Talking about that, it really concearns me.. you know, Facebook? There are lots of quizzes/tests that are titled as, "Who were you in a past life?".. and since we did not attend school for like... 2 weeks because of the swine flu (influenza) everyone who is bored just takes the quiz out of curiosity, and search for quizzes that are alike. I just hope they do not believe in that stuff... But you know, we are at an age where we start to believe in stuff that is pretty abnormal (such as vampires and stuff... ) But we'll grow out of it, don't worry. Well umm, with this i conclude the mail, sorry if i just keep talking and talking (well.. typing..) Thanks for everything, take care.
P.S. : about the swine flu, don't worry we are okay. They did over react a bit.. We (Mexico) are recovering little by little.
From: Russ Wise [mailto:email@example.com]
Sent: Sunday, May 10, 2009 11:42 PM
Subject: RE: Angelic deception
I am pleased that you are taking an honest look at all that you have been involved in regarding your reading habits and the activities (angels, etc.) in which you have dabbled. Proverbs 4:23 tells us to guard our hearts for from it springs life. We must be vigilant about guarding our heart, but we must be equally vigilant about guarding our mind and our spirit. When we allow un-Godly messages or thoughts in to our minds and spirits we can easily and unknowingly open ourselves up to demonic influences or oppression. I pray that our Lord will continue to lead you in His way and not the ways of the enemy.
I am encouraged to know that you found my writing useful and hopefully encouraging concerning your brush with the occult. By encouraging I mean that you found my articles to be an encouragement in that you found them to be instructive in helping you understand the threat and then to overcome any seductive element related to false teachings or angels masquerading as God’s messengers. I do hope that you found some degree of peace as you read them and realized that God is in control and He has protected you from becoming more involved in the occult realm. I would suggest that you memorize Phil. 4:8 in order to keep your mind and spirit focused on the things of God.
Regarding Doreen Virtue she is heavily involved in the occult and she has an agenda in her writing. She believes it to be true and her desire is to convince as many individuals as she can that her occult spirituality is valid and right for them to practice. She, in my opinion, is deceived and believes that she is doing god’s (note that I did not use capitalization ‘G’ for a reason – my intent is to say that her god is a false deity) work.
If I may, allow me to offer a few books that you might consider reading that will set you on solid footing spiritually.
Don't Check Your Brains at the Door, Josh McDowell
Equipping students with solid Christian evidences that the most skeptical minds will have trouble rejecting.
In a culture that teaches all claims to truth are a matter of opinion, young people need solid reasons for their faith. Combining humor with teaching, Josh McDowell and Bob Hostetler tackle 40 of today's most popular myths and misconceptions about God, Jesus, the Bible, religion, and life. By showing how our faith stands up to the test of fact and reason, this book will help teenagers understand why they believe what they believe.
More Than A Carpenter Book, Josh McDowell
This is a hard-hitting, easy-to-read book for people who are skeptical about Jesus’ deity, his resurrection, and his claim on their lives.
With over ten million books in print Josh McDowell's timeless examination of the true nature of Christ and his impact on our lives is one of the best-selling Christian books ever. Written by a former skeptic of Christianity, it is a hard-hitting book for those who doubt Jesus' deity and his purpose. In a concise, understandable manner, Josh explains how Jesus' life and the testimony of history unmistakably affirm his claim to be God.
Teenage Q&A Book, Josh McDowell
This book answers 230 questions teenagers ask about parents, self image, peer pressure, friends, dating, love, sex and abuse.
Youth experts Josh McDowell and Bill Jones jump into the middle of over 230 questions common among teenagers with honest, frank and straight-to-the-point answers. Among them are, "How can I get along with my parents?" and "How can I resist drugs when all my friends do it?" and "How far can I go physically before it's wrong?" No question is off limits, and no answer is impossible.
So What's the Difference?: A Look at 20 Worldviews, Faiths and How They Compare to Christianity by Fritz Ridenour
Publisher: Gospel Light Publications
The author takes a current look at the answer to the question, "How does orthodox biblical Christianity differ from other faiths?" In a straightforward, non-critical comparison, Fritz Ridenour explores and explains the basic tenets of Roman Catholicism, Judaism, Islam, Hinduism, Buddhism, Jehovah's Witnesses, Christian Science, Scientology, New Age and Mormonism.
Screwtape Letters, By: C.S. Lewis
Wormwood, a demon apprentice, has been given his first earthly assignment---secure the damnation of a young man who's just become a Christian. He seeks the advice of an experienced devil---his uncle Screwtape. Their correspondence discloses the psychology of temptation from the other side. Lewis offers invaluable insights on temptation, pride, the power of prayer, and the ultimate victory of faith over the forces evil. 160 pages, softcover from Zondervan.
Mere Christianity, By: C.S. Lewis
Arguably the 20th century's most influential Christian writer, C.S. Lewis sought to explain and defend the beliefs that nearly all Christians at all times hold in common.
I have listed several books for you to consider. You should be able to order any of them through Barnes & Noble if they do not carry them in stock in their store. I would recommend anything written by McDowell, Ridenour, or Lewis. They are all good writers and thoroughly biblical in their approach. I trust you will find something to your liking!
May God bless you as you continue to seek Him and His Truth. Thank you for allowing me to share my thoughts with you and to offer you my friendly advice as to how you might guard your heart.
Sadly, I have not received a response from Daniela since my last post to her in 2009. I often think of her and continue to pray for her safety and salvation. Russ